Slow Living Sicily at a self-catering “dammuso” (typical house of the island made of stones) recently renovated, surrounded by quietness in a natural landscape, a sea view overseeing the southern Sicilian coast during the clear days. The stars of an African sky above. Oriental style, Italian taste.
The Slow Living Sicily property is located in Pantelleria island surrounded by Zibibbo vineyards (the first grape ever voted in the prestigious Unesco world Heritage List) and olive trees as it is part of a farm that since 15 years has been producing olive extra virgin oil, fine capers and Zibibbo grapes from which the famous Passito DOC is made (a sweet wine for pensive moments and desserts exported worldwide). A must try during pleasant evenings enjoying the gorgeous scenery!
Direct flights from Milan, Rome and Palermo.
One large bedroom with a queen size bed, a spacious bathroom with a big open shower and an additional “alcova” – typical Sicilian small bedroom – with a single sofa bed. Fully equipped outside kitchen under the trellis roof and a large “cotto” stone terrace with outdoor lounge chairs and sofas to enjoy the magnificent sea view! Perfect for a couple, 2 or 3 good friends or a family with a kid.
Strategically located, you will reach within a 15 min drive, the best spots of the island, with excellent snorkelling/diving:
· Cala Cinque Denti – cove with colourful sea cave,
· Punta Spadillo – with the “Laghetto delle Ondine” (a small pool in between
the cliffs filled by sea water through the waves),
· Cala Gadir – cove with ancient roman thermal water tubs,
· Cala Tramontana e Cala Levante – with the “Faraglione” (a scenic sea stack) and the “Arco dell’Elefante” (a natural arch made of rock just above the sea level looking like a giant elephant drinking water from the sea).
Services included in the rental:
– bitcoins accepted with a 10% discount;
– airport/harbor transfer;
– welcome gift box with products from the farm (extra virgin oil, honey, Sicilian orange preserve and other seasonal products);
– fully equipped kitchen: fridge, professional electric hot plates, grill/microwave oven, Nespresso capsule coffee machine, cookware, pots and pans;
– bed sheets, linens and bath towels (changed twice a week);
– hair dryer;
– maid service twice a week;
– large “cotto” stone terrace with a spectacular sea view with outdoor lounge chairs and sofas;
– outdoor shower;
– I-phone or I-pod compatible music speakers with FM radio;
– WI-FI and fax machine;
– snorkelling gear and large cooler for your daily trips at the sea;
– a mobile phone with an Italian card for international guests;
Not included but available on request;
– laundry service;
– car or scooter rental;
– outboard boat rental (with or without boat license);
– deep sea fishing;
– traditional sailing boat rental;
– horse riding;
– a personal chef for any special occasion or a romantic dinner (fish or prawns on the grill, cous cous or other traditional island dishes);
– guided tours to well known Passito di Pantelleria DOC wineries: Murana, Valenza or Pellegrino.
Slow Living Sicily is at disposal to guide you during your stay in this paradise island!
There are many more excursions that we can arrange or assist you in: a hike to “Specchio di Venere”, with its thermal mud baths, to the “Bagno Asciutto”, a cave with a steam spring, in the Monastero area, to the woods of “Montagna Grande”, with the “Briganti” Cave, the Volcanos National Park, the “Favara Grande” geysers and springs, to the archaeological sites and island museum to see the ancient imperial roman marble statue heads which were discovered by fishermen and are believed to depict Juluis Caesar, Titus and Antonia Minor.